Bethany Missionary Baptist Church
is located at 4701 E. Johnson in Jonesboro, Arkansas, at the corner of East Johnson Ave. and Paragould Dr. just across the road from NEA/Baptist medical complex.
Phone: 870 935 5318
Mailing Address: PO Box 17034, Jonesboro, AR 72401
What to expect at Bethany:
1. Bethany is in a transition phase with a fairly new pastor, who is trying new things out on the congregation to see what works.
2. There is no dress code, but the majority wears "business casual" on Sundays and usually whatever they went to work or school in.
3. There is a nursery, for your convenience, for the little ones up to 3 yrs old; however, if you want to keep your children out with you, please do.
4. The services begin at 9:40 on Sunday with the elders praying for the day's events. Then at about 9:45, there is short devotion, followed by Sunday School classes. At 10:45, the classes are released for the main service, and all are encouraged to meet and greet others in the auditorium while the sound, music, and others prepare for the praise time. Typically, we sing, have prayer and announcements, prayer and offerings, sing, specials, preaching and closing prayer. Sunday night at 6pm is much less formal with mainly singing and teaching. Wednesday's at 6pm offers Bible studies for all. (you may attend any of these)
5. The facility is fairly modernized with overhead projectors which presents the words to songs on a power-point style. Cordless microphones are also utilized during the services.
6. The children's program is on Wed's at 6, however, the youth group sing specials often, especially on holidays, and at least once a quarter we have a special outing with them.
7. Parking is available on 3 sides of the building, with entry doors facing the parking areas.
8. Security is maintained by the elders of the church who are periodically patrolling the building and parking areas.
9. As part of our outreach ministry, we include taking the word of God into homes of those who, for whatever reason, would like it brought to them whether or not you are a member. If you are interested in this, contact the pastor for more details.
First Time Visitors
Sunday School: 10am
Sunday Worship: 11am
Sunday Evenings: 6pm
Thurs home group study: 7pm
Wednesday: Bible Study &
Children's Groups: 6pm